Entrepreneur, Technology Evangelist, Business Strategist. CEO & Co-Founder of Visartech Inc.Software Product Development Organization.
Businesses are looking for quick and practical skills when providing corporate training to their teams, and that’s what learners want when they choose an eLearning platform.
However, no matter how fantastic online learning tools can be, ensuring that they help students perform well can be a challenge. New approaches to traditional learning tools are not a solution as people are accustomed to online education. They won’t be surprised by another video lesson with an animated presentation.
Here comes the metaverse. To be sure, a virtual world is still an online instrument. However, compared to the regular ones, the metaverse is immersive, which entails many opportunities for deep learning. Students are able to interact with others in a virtual environment similar to what they do in real life. The results of the Skill Immersion Lab program showed that this passed 85% of students they were more confident when communicating with others after a deeply immersive virtual training.
The basic elements of any educational transition
The educational metauniverse is not only about engagement and interactivity. a good virtual world adapts to specific business requirements and is convenient for students. Once you decide to make an educational hyperlink for your own business, keep three main points in mind:
1. Intelligent internal logic. Like any other software solution, metaverse also includes a strong support structure. So, before you go ahead with metaverse development, spend enough time defining the basic features and functions.
2. Rich user experience. Create a virtual world that makes a positive impression. Think about every feature to make it easy to use. Such a user-centric approach will help build trust and loyalty towards a brand.
3. Customize virtual world. Create a virtual world that fits your brand style. From the interface design to the way the support team communicates with users. Match the vibe of the virtual world to the one you maintain in your brand community.
Educational Metaverse to level up existing eLearning marketplaces
Interactive content, engaging activities, and up-to-date features—these elements are what make an eLearning marketplace successful. However, the key to gaining a leadership edge in the eLearning market is to provide innovative and hands-on experiences to learners. The metaverse has the potential to help with this.
This is why some of the most well-known education marketplaces have already started to integrate the metaverse into their business eLearning product. For example, edX, in partnership with Meta, is about to launch an entire learning ecosystem. The edX virtual world will feature immersive learning materials and training sessions. But let’s look at all the ways eLearning markets can use the metaverse to improve their training solutions.
• Simulation training: Students can learn from lived experiences, particularly when it comes to studying first aid or driving a car. Such training sessions eliminate the number of potential accidents.
• Complex visual models: Many learning topics involve things to see or touch, such as the human anatomy or the solar system. In the metaverse, it is possible to supplement the lesson with three-dimensional objects, giving students a complex understanding of what they are studying.
• Virtual time travel: Implementing this feature allows users to switch to any timeline. For example, when learning about a historical era, they can choose any ancient city to visit to observe the people and environment of that era.
• Course upgrade: Existing video lessons can be turned into interactive experiences such as teacher-avatar, virtual whiteboard and real-life objects around. Students can, therefore, take a hands-on course offline in the metaverse.
As can be seen, metaverse helps to role play real cases using realistic 3D simulations. It bears a striking resemblance to the immersive virtual reality environments on display Star Trek known as holodecks.
Educational Metaverse Transforming Corporate eLearning
Corporate e-learning has become an essential part of a company’s growth. In fact, 42% of companies using online educational tools generates more revenue. By leveraging educational virtual worlds, businesses can achieve greater results. The educational metaverse opens up the following opportunities for corporate e-learning:
• Immersive recruitment process: Companies can create trial activities in a virtual environment to speed up and improve the hiring process. For example, they can test candidates’ core competencies by observing their behavior patterns, decisions and reactions in different situational games. This can help you make sure a potential candidate is a good fit for a company.
• Integration: According to conventional wisdom, it takes at least three months for a candidate to complete onboarding. However, hands-on virtual training in the metaverse can speed it up. Especially if it is a remote company. In several training sessions, new employees learn about the company’s processes, structure, products, etc.
• Corporate training: Providing effective learning accounts to a team can help employee performance. For example, employees must practice all possible ways of communicating with demanding customers. In the educational metauniverse, they can put these skills to use by taking part in virtual meeting sessions.
• Team building activities: The importance of interactive and immersive team building events has become crucial in remote work environments. The use of 3D avatars helps teammates experience almost real interaction with each other.
Putting it all together
As the world goes digital, businesses are discovering new ways to offer their products and services. It’s very likely, sooner than you think, that companies in different industries will have their own transitions.
The eLearning market is no exception. Individual businesses, for example, might use the educational metauniverse to enhance corporate learning and discover new ways to help their teams perform better. Along the way, companies should monitor e-learning markets as they scale and provide learners with engaging hands-on experiences.