How do I register as a seller on Meesho?
“How to sign up as Seller for Meesho?” “What is Meesho’s business model?” “How do you sell on Meesho Supplier Panel?” All these are questions that are commonly asked by sellers. With that in mind the following is a straightforward guide for becoming Meesho’s seller.
Meesho is an Indian social-e-commerce business which operates on the basis of a vast system of online resellers. Customers can also purchase straight from vendors. Meesho was established in the year 2015 by IIT Delhi graduates Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barwal. Since the outbreak and the growth of social media websites, Meesho Supplier Panel has gained huge popularity among sellers of eCommerce and, of course, consumers.
Meesho recently announced that they have raised funding for the business. The valuation for Meesho in the range of $4.9 billion makes the company one of the most highly valued startups. As an eCommerce seller you’ll surely gain from adding this to your marketplaces.
What is the business Model for Meesho?
Meesho is open to all types of sellers. Its model of business includes B2C and B2B selling. That means that major sellers sell their products to their customers, as well as smaller resellers that sell the products to their customers.
To clarify how to explain the B2B aspect, it’s essential to be aware that Meesho has created a whole community of resellers, mainly women. They have an income source that is reliable. In towns that have little internet connectivity, resellers usually provide buyers with access to high-quality products across the nation. This is how selling on Meesho Supplier Panel operates:
- The registered producer or large wholesaler advertises their product on Meesho.
- A reseller from here can choose items to promote them on Facebook, Whatsapp, or even one-to-one sales.
- If a client seeks out a reseller for the purchase, the reseller will take the order on behalf of the buyer.
- In doing this the reseller will have the option of adding an additional profit percentage to his total cost.
This method of business has its advantages:
- The reseller is a person that customers trust. This is most common in Tier II towns and tier III cities where the internet penetration is very low.
- If a person is happy with the product in a small-town settingthey are much more inclined to refer it to other people.
For B2C the service is similar to an online store, in which the buyer can look through products and then purchase items for personal consumption. The purchase through Meesho is believed to be more affordable compared to other shopping websites. This is due to the fact that the prices are comparable to wholesale prices. Meesho Supplier Panel is able to accommodate those who are price conscious.
Which are the Categories offered on Meesho?
Meesho.com started off with just fashion clothing. The company later expanded into different categories. It is the very first Indian site to be able to obtain an investment from Facebook mostly because it was among the first online selling sites. Meesho offers more than 50 lakh items in different categories to choose from. The most sought-after categories are:
- Wearing ethnic clothing
- Western Fashion
- Jewelry and Accessories
- Home deco
Kitchen & Kitchen: If you are a vendor in this category , you need to sign up on Meesho. The subcategories that fall under this category are upholstery, decorative showpieces kitchen cooking equipment including crockery, cookware, and much more. Apart from that, they include sections for fitness and sports stationary, office and home items within this category.
Electronics Accessories: In this category, you can find the items you need for grooming phones, smartwatches, smartwatches household appliances, and many more.
The Beauty and Health category is comprised of obvious makeup, perfumes products for body cleansing, hair care products, and many more. Additionally, in terms of health, this section is comprised of oral care items, feminine hygieneproducts, and more.
How do I register as a seller on Meesho?
Registering your business on Meesho is simple. It doesn’t require a lot of information , nor is the registration process lengthy. Before you start registration on Messho make sure that you have all the required documents and the necessary requirements.
- Bank Account
- Mobile Number
The process: Sign up as a seller on Meesho
After you have all your documents ready, you can begin with the process of registration. Meesho offers an online seller panel registration dashboard that you can gain access to when you register. In the past, the process was slow and required a 24-plus hours waiting time for approval. Now, Meesho has made the process faster and more efficient for sellers. This is a step-by-step procedure:
- Visit the website to register your details on Meesho
- If you are on this screen, you’ll be required to enter your number of your mobile phone that you use to conduct business. Be aware that should you wish to receive updates from this number, make sure it is registered as your WhatsApp number.
- After that, you have done that, the “send OTP” option will be highlighted. If you click on this option, it will send an OTP to the registered number that was provided by you.
- You must enter the OTP in the field below that is provided to you.
- This is followed by inputting the email addresses for your company.
- The next step is to create a password on your account. The password should consist of at least 8 characters. Of these eight characters, there should contain at least one number or at least one uppercase (capital letter) One special symbol (ie @#$%!^&*).
- Select the tick mark below if your preference is to receive updates and notifications using the previously mentioned WhatsApp number.
- Once you’ve completed the necessary information, you are able to select”Create Account” or the “Create Account” button. It will open your account, and then take on to the subsequent page.
- On this screen, you’ll be required to enter your GSTIN number.
- Click the verification button. The website will confirm your information, and then display it in accordance with your GST number.
- After that, click on”Continue” after which click on the “Continue” option. Then click on the “Continue” button.
- The next step is to enter the details of your pickup address. If it’s the same address as GST, then you need to fill in the GST number, select “use address registered with GST”. The details of your address will be automatically filled in. Review the details and then proceed.
- Following this, you will be asked to enter your bank information (account number as well as IFSC number). After you click on continue, the website will confirm the bank information and display the details for you. You can click continue.
- Finally, you’ll need to enter the details of your business. The store’s name as well as you name (make sure that it matches your GST registration). you GST application).
- Check and accept the conditions and terms of service and accept the terms and conditions before submitting.
- And then you will be able to create the Meesho supplier account is established.
Meesho Supplier Panel — Final Setup
After you’ve completed registering and have created your account, you’ll get access to the panel for suppliers. Before you can begin selling, you’ll have to follow some important steps.
- Beginning with uploading your product listing and specifying your product’s category. The listing is created as an inventory.
- This catalog is available either in a single file or in bulk.
It is possible to do this in your panel of suppliers. If you’ve left your account, you can return by clicking here.
How do I upload a Single Catalog to Meesho
- After you have logg in to your account on the Supplier Panel, choose”catalog Upload” when you log in “catalog upload” option.
- Then, select then the “add one catalog” option.
- The next step is to choose the category you want to be in.
- After that, you are able to upload product images. It is important to upload only images of the front of your items. The requirements for photos on Meesho are simpler in comparison to other websites.
- After you click “add images for product” option, you’ll be able to upload images you have on your computer. Choose the ones you wish to upload.
- Then, you’ll be direct to a page where you will be able to upload the specifications of the images you have upload.
- Complete all require details for each item correctly.
- After you’ve fill in the information, you are able to forward the catalog.
- Finally, you will receive an opportunity to verify the catalog’s quality check. Following this, you are able to choose submit.
How do I upload catalogs for catalog upload in Bulk on Meesho
- In the panel for suppliers On the supplier panel, there is an option to “Catalog upload” Select it.
- Then, you’ll be able to opt to create an additional catalog in the bulk.
- The next step is to select the category for the products you intend to upload. For example, if your item is one of Kurti, Meesho will point you to the right categories. Then, you can choose the main and subcategories. Choose the one that is most suitable for your needs.
- After selecting the category you’ll have the option of downloading the template.
- Download it.
- Open the Excel spreadsheet you download.
- The first sheet is open, there is the format you will need to fill out the Excel sheet. Learn and follow the directions carefully.
- Then proceed to page 2. Complete it according to the directions provide.
- It is important to ensure that you do not duplicate the same catalog on the current sheet or in any previous catalogs.
- Additionally, in the spreadsheet, certain columns feature dropdown options you need to select without which your catalog cannot be upload.
- Once you’ve fill the form, log back to the website and upload the form.
- Then, finally, upload the file.
Tips for Kick-Starting Your business on Meesho
On Meesho to increase visibility it is essential to create an abundance of catalogs. Typically, after having approximately 5–6 catalogs, you will begin to receive orders for your items. Therefore, having more catalogs and items increases your chance of receiving orders.
This is a crucial aspect to take into consideration. Make sure you’ve determine the cost of the product. This is done by keeping in mind the cost of manufacturing and profit margin and the price of the market. Your price should be attractive and be worth the purchase when compare to comparable products on the market.
In addition, to assist you in determine the cost Meesho offers an option tool for recommendation. It will recommend prices that are in line with the market’s demand. By doing this, you will definitely bring you orders!
As an entrepreneur, it is important to watch out for trends in the market and the items that are in high demand. Making sure you have unique and innovative products available on the market will ensure that you’ve generate a positive demand for your goods.
Meesho prefers catalogs that are eligible for that next day delivery (NDD) programme. If you can prove that your products are component in the NDD program, you will be given priority. The basic idea behind this NDD program is the place where products must be able to deliver orders the same day that it was receive. Because this results in increase customer satisfaction and experience, the website prioritizes this.
Meesho provides attractive commissions to suppliersand sellers. This is why we believe it.
Settlement amount = price of product (in dollars) Commission + GST — TSC
Note that virtually every category has a zero percent commission rate. To determine if you are in this group, please click this link.
- Meesho accepts no commissions from sellers! This is what makes Meesho Supplier Panel an extremely profitable websites for sellers to earn money from.
- In addition you can also use Meesho you can have the money made to your account following 15 days from the date of the order being deliver. This is applicable to items that require COD.
- Here is a details of the amount which will be transfer into your account:
Here are all you need to know to become an vendor on Meesho. Meesho Supplier Panel works well for novice as well as experience sellers. Because registration is easy and rules aren’t as strict, it’s an ideal practice area for novice eCommerce sellers. We we wish you the best on the road to success on your Meesho journey.